Red Flags when encountering or considering a psychic reader. This is a partial list, because the manipulations can be subtle and creative:
- You are approached by a friendly stranger in a high-end department store who comments on your “energy”
- Someone starts to “read” you without your permission at a swap meet, grocery store, or in the cosmetic department at any store
- Does not have a website
- Does not have a commercial business address
- If there is a website, there are no pictures of the actual reader or the pictures are blurry, hair in front of the person’s face or picture is from a distance
- Insists on cash only transactions
- You are referred to someone and can’t find the person on the Internet
- The reader does not have an office space and suggests meeting in a coffee shop, or a visit to your home
- Business cards for readers left on your vehicle
- Those who advertise on telephone poles
- Con Artists that post a Five Star review on another reader’s business profile and are advertising love spells, money spells and evil eye curses
- You can’t find their business/name listed through the business license search
- Licensed Readers typically charge fees equivalent to a spa treatment at one of the major Las Vegas Resorts – be wary of someone who charges too little for a reading
- The reader won’t allow you to record the session
Once in the reading at the office:
- The Psychic Arts License and fee for session is not posted conspicuously in the office space
- The reader doesn’t identify your issues quickly
- You feel uncomfortable (your intuition is telling you that something is not right)
- The reader asks a lot of questions
- Will tell you that recording the reading is not allowed “by Spirit”
- The reader asks you personal information that does not apply to the reading, i.e. Social Security Number, Birthdate, Drivers License Number, and/or Home Address
- You are told you have a curse, bad energy or need a spell of some sort (see common cons)
- You are asked to write a positive review, or the reader will cast a curse on you
Find a Psychic Arts Licensed Reader Here
What to ask a Reader before you book a session – Specific to Las Vegas, NV
- Do you have the Psychic Arts License?
- Where is your office?
- How long have you been reading for people?
- What is your website?
- What are your fees?
- If I book a session with you, may I record the session?
- What type of reading is your specialty?
- May my friend (husband, mom, sister, etc.) sit in with me for the reading?
- Do you think there is such a thing as curses, evil eye casting, or love spells? (If the person is a con artist, they will typically end the call with you at this point or tell you in a very exaggerated way that you may need a curse removal or spell.)
THIS is ALWAYS a CON